The PJ Harvey Poll Results
- RID OF ME
TO BRING YOU MY LOVE
- 4 TRACK DEMOS
- IS THIS DESIRE?
- DANCE HALL AT LOUSE POINT
- THE DANCER
- PLANTS AND RAGS
- DOWN BY THE WATER
TO BRING YOU MY LOVE
LONG SNAKE MOAN
OH MY LOVER
RID OF ME
- 50-FT QUEENIE
SWEETER THAN ANYTHING
- BEAUTIFUL LEAH
HAPPY AND BLEEDING
IS THIS DESIRE?
NO GIRL SO SWEET
PERFECT DAY, ELISE
RUB TILL IT BLEEDS
SEND HIS LOVE TO ME
WANG DANG DOODLE
PJ is the best, read all the lyrics, they're amazing, sensual, and funny
- "Until the light shines on me, I damn to Hell every second you breathe"
- "You leave me dry"
- "I'm gonna take my hips to a man who cares!"
- "He said wash your breasts"
"Gonna wash that man right outta my hair"
- "The sky lit up"
- The Dancer- He said dance for me "fanciulla gentil."He said laugh for
awhile I can make your heart feel.He said fly with me touch the
face of the true God. He made me cry with joy at the depth of
- "I've heard there's joy untold, It lays open like a road"
- "Pretty mouth, and green my eyes"
- "Even Aphrodite, she'll have nothing on me"
- "Prettiest mess you ever seen"
- "I might as well be dead, but I could kill you instead"
- "Legs wide hips swinging like a doorway"
- "I'm 20 inches long"
- "I'm blind and I'm left with nothing but his stain"
- "Delilah my babe, you lie to my face, you cut off my hair, you lie in my bed"
- "In the forest there's a monster and he looks so very much like me."
- "What's that color forming around your eyes?"
- "Is that all there is?"
- "And the wind bites more bitter with each light of morning"
- "Stand under fountain, cool skin, washed clean, wash him
from me. Along comes the wind the big bone shaker, blows off
my clothers completely."
- "Tarzan, I'm bleeding, stop your fucking screaming"
- "Did you sing 'Happy day'? (Sing it!) Singing it everytime I went
away, I got to ease my aching head, no way to cut off your legs!"
- "There's lovers they're kissing , I see something missing (the
faster I breathe the further I go), love too soon can fade away (love too soon)"
- "I'll make you lick my injuries"
- "Lick my legs, I'm on fire, Lick my legs of desire"
- "Let me ride your grace for awhile"
- "Come in close and I'll wash your feet/ with my hair I'd mop them dry"
- "Big, Bad monsoon...Take me with you"
- "I was blind I was lame, I was nothing until he came"
- "Love so sick I could die"
- "Did you ever wish me dead?"
- "Can't believe what the Lord finally sent me"
- "Water soaked her blond hair back"
- "I've lain with the devil, cursed God above, forsaken heaven to
bring you my love"
- "And I deserve it, I asked you for it, have to admit it, we dress
- "You're not rid of me"
- "Robert Deniro sit on my face"
- "How can this be, there's nothing left here"
- "Raise me up Lord, call me Lazurus"
- "I'd shake you from her spell if it weren't for my drinking"
- "Plants and rags, ease myself into bodybags"
- "In my glass coffin I am waiting"
- "I'm spinning over like a heavy loaded fruit tree"
- "You oughtta hear my LONG SNAKE MOAN"
- "Put on that dress, I'm going out dancing"
- "Even as I held her she went out looking for someone"
- Catherine, Civil War Correspondent, Driven, "Happy and Bleeding"
- Sheela-na-gig, The Wind, Fountain, Is This Desire, Angelene
- Snake, Me-Jane, Electric Light, My Beautiful Leah, C'mon Billy, Legs
here is a site of MP3s
PJ fans also like: Sade Adu, Alice in Chains, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple,
Babes in Toyland, the Beatles, Beck,
Belle and Sebastion, Bikini Kill, Bjork,
Black Sabbath, Black Flag, Blur, David Bowie, Bratmobile, Breeders,
Jeff Buckley, Willaim S. Burroughs, Bush, Caroline af Ugglas,
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Toni Child,
The Clash, Clutch, Leonard Cohen, Sheryl Crow,
The Cure, Curve, Das Ich,
Alana Davis, Miles Davis, Danielle Dax, Depeche Mode,
Deus, Ani Difranco, Dirty Three, DMX,
The Doors, Bob Dylan, Einsturzende Neubauten,
Everlast, Fatboy Slim, Firewater, Fleetwood Mac, Fuel,
Fugazi, Serge Gainsborough, Diamanda Galas,
Hayden, Rev. Horton Heat, Lauryn Hill,
Hole, Hooverphonic, Hum, Husker Du, James, Jane's Addiction,
Jesus and Mary Chain, Jesus Lizard,
Grace Jones, Tom Jones, Kent, Kinicke, King Crimson, La Latte Verde,
Led Zepplin, Letters to Cleo, Longpigs,
Magnapop, Manic Street Preachers, Marilyn Manson,
Dean Martin, Massive Attack, Misantrophe, Molly Mcguire,
Monster Magnet, Alanis Morisette, Morphine,
Myline Farmers, Naked City, Nashville Pussy, NIN,
Nirvana, Orlando, Pavement, Pearl Jam, Liz Phair, Pink Floyd,
Iggy Pop, Portishead, Pogues,
Project Grim, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Seven,
pre-70's Rolling Stones, Rollins Band, Salt, Sex Pistols, Shellac,
Silverchair, Frank Sinatra, Sisters of Mercy, Roni Size,
Sleater-Kinney, Slim, Slow Roosevelt,
Smashing Pumpkins, Elliott Smith, The Smiths,
Social Distortion, Sonic Youth,
Southern Culture on the Skids, Mazzy Star, Sublime,
Suede, Sugar Baby Doll, They Might Be Giants,
Tindersticks, Tricky, Type O Negative,
Veruca Salt, Viscious Chickens,
Tom Waits, Whale, Wren, Yo La Tengo, and Zebda
Someone can't wait for PJ Harvey to hit L.A.!!!!!
PJ is "by far the greatest contempary songwriter right now. She makes
most all other music look juvenile and brainless"-Kenan
Question of the day: "Why not an angry equivalent to Lilith Fair?"
Lovely comments on PJ and Is This Desire:
"My next favorite PJ cd is "Is This Desire"[first being "To
Bring You My Love"]. Even though I love all of her work, I am more
partial to her latest music which is more melodic, experimental,
and moody, rather than more rock oriented. I am completely and
totally in love with everything about PJ Harvey!!! Many artists
lose sight of themselves and what they believe in once they have
been around for awhile, basically become sell-outs. This is something
she has never done. Her music styles may have changed over the
years, but she has never lost sight of who she is. Her lyrics
still hit us( the ones who "get it") harder than we have ever
been hit before by any other artist. She is not afraid to
experiment and does not cater to the mainstream audience (Thank
God!). I Love you PJ. I would love to see a live concert
compilation Cd come or maybe even a video. I can't get enough
Yes! A round of applause for Jill.
This page has been visited times.
Congratulations to Polly, she's been nominated for a
Grammy in the Best Alternative Album with Tori Amos, the Beastie Boys,
The Smashing Pumpkins, and Radiohead. This is
probably the only category worth watching for and it probably won't even air. Pretty sad.
NEW! PJ will play on Sessions at West 54th on 1/29/99 on certain PBS channels with
Chocolate Genius (Please check local listings because it differs everywhere). To find more
Music on Tv click on Rock On Tv
PJ will be on the Late Show w/ David Letterman, Nov. 6th (friday).
Fire up your VCRs, P.J. will be on The Tonight Show (NBC) on Wednesday, Oct. 14.
Is This Desire is out now! Read a review: Agonized Woman or the AP Review here's a
review by some fans.
Is This Desire by PJ Harvey, coming out this Tuesday, Sept. 29.
For Sound clips and exclusive news go to pjh.org/online.
Well this site tells me that PJ is going to play on August 16th in the "La Route du Rock" festival through August
14, 15 & 16th. It is in Brittany, France.
Finally some new news. Well I heard a new song from PJ today! Yes, it's
true. Johnny Riggs played it on Riggs Early Withdrawl on WHFS in D.C.
It was called "A Perfect Day, Elise." The only thing that I can
describe about it are the drums which sounded sort of spare, fuzzy,
and in the background (that probably
doesn't make sense but if you've heard "Losing Ground", the b-side of
"That Was My Veil", that's
what it sounded like) and the vocals was just regular PJ singing.
Johnny also had two nice
stories about PJ, one involving a sweaty breast.
I think PJ is playing a concert called "Festival de Benicasim" with
Sonic Youth, Bjork, Teenage Fan Club, and others. It is on August 7,8, and 9
and I think it is Benicasim, Spain(or France.) So if you've got a few
thousand dollars to spare...
PJ in the july issue of Alternative Press w/ Tori on the cover. It reads: "PJ HARVEY Stars in Hartley Film, Readies New Album: Earlier this year, Polly Jean Harvey traveled to New York City to appear in director Hal Hartley's new film, "The Book of Life." In the film, Jesus Christ (Martin Donovan) and his bodyguard Magdalena (Harvey) return to Earth, arriving in NYC on Dec. 31, 1999, with "The Book of Life" to begin Armageddon. The duo have a change of heart about destroying the planet, incurring the wrath of God (D.J. Mendel) and Satan (Thomas Jay Ryan.) "Book" will be showing at various film festivals this summer, Harvey's fifth album, tentatively titled "Is This Desire", is scheduled for release on Island this fall." [Also has a little picture, always a plus.] More on the new album and movie
here in the May issue of Spin
If you're like me you probably have been waiting for about
2 or 3 years for something new from PJ. If you can't wait until
the fall, she is featured in "Broken Homes" on Tricky's new album
"Angels With Dirty Faces." Just so you know, that song is in the
new CMJ magazine w/ Tricky on the cover. It sounds a little like gospel in a really large and dark room with Tricky. It's not normal PJ stuff but it's definitely her.